Purpose of This Notice
Title V of the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (GLBA) generally prohibits any financial institution, directly or through its affiliates, from sharing nonpublic personal information about you with a nonaffiliated third party unless the institution provides you with a notice of its privacy policies and practices, such as the type of information that it collects about you and the categories of persons or entities to whom it may be disclosed. In compliance with the GLBA, we are providing you with this document, which notifies you of the privacy policies and practices of Martin Insurance Agency, Inc.
Our Privacy Policies and Practices
- Information we collect: It is impossible to describe every type of information that we collect, but here are some examples:
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources: Information we receive from you on applications or other forms. Such as Your name, age, address, Social Security number, telephone number, occupation, and other demographic information about you and your family. Information about your transactions with our affiliates, others, or us. Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, and public records.
- Information we may disclose to third parties: We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, about our customers or former customers, to companies with whom we have joint marketing agreements, such as insurance companies and insurance service providers. We may also share information with others as required by law. For example, it may be necessary for us to share information about you in response to law enforcement agencies, state insurance departments, subpoenas or other court orders.
- Disclosure of Personal Information to Nonaffiliated third parties: We usually do not disclose information about you to others without your consent. However, in some circumstances we may disclose information to others without your prior authorization. The most common disclosures are the following persons:
- Other insurance companies, agents, or consumer reporting agencies in connection with any application, policy or claim involving you.
- Persons who need information to perform a professional, business or insurance function for us, provided they agree not to disclose the information further without your written approval.
- Persons or organizations, including law enforcement agencies, who need information to determine eligibility for insurance benefits or payments; to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud, misrepresentation; or material nondisclosure in connection with an insurance transaction.
- Medical professionals to verify your insurance coverage or to verify the individuals treated by the medical professional.
- Governmental authorities to determine your eligibility for government health benefits.
- Certificate holders or policyholders to provide information about the status of an insurance transaction.
- Lienholders, mortgagees, assignees, lessors, or other persons having a legal or beneficial interest in your policy, provided the information disclosed is limited to that which is reasonably necessary to permit such person to protect its interest in the policy.
- Adjusters, appraisers, or investigators for the purpose of investigating or settling claims.
- Authorized personnel of any state department requiring information with a order or purpose.
- Our practices regarding information confidentiality and security: We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
- Reservation of the right to disclose information in unforeseen circumstances: In connection with the potential sale or transfer of its interests, Martin Insurance Agency, Inc. reserves the right to sell or transfer your information (Including but not limited to your address, name, age, sex, zip code, state and Country of residency and other information that you provide through other Communications) to a third party entity that (1) concentrates its business in a Similar practice or service; (2) agrees to be Martin Insurance Agency, Inc.’s Successor in interest with regard to the maintenance and protection of the information collected; and (3) agrees to the obligations of this privacy statement.